Saturday 20 November 2010

Super fast quilt!



Every quilt I've made has been a slow process; I'm just not one of those people who can turn out a quilt a week, nor would I want to work at a fast pace all the time. But, having set myself some challenges (three cross-stitch Christmas embroideries and a Christmas quilted table runner) and only five weeks to do them in, I needed the quilted runner to be quite simple. Found a very quick and easy pattern (free) on the Quiltbug website. The actual sewing of this took less time than the cutting and tomorrow I should get it sandwiched and machine-quilted and bound. I love hand-quilting but this is a project which will suit machine quilting better - the middle square looks a bit bare so I will either quilt it with a circular complex feathered wreath or put an applique star there and echo quilt it. Don't know yet but it is a lovely feeling knowing that this was just a few pieces of fabric this morning and is now something pretty and useful. I bought a nice black candle tray yesterday and I think it will look good on here.

Right, back to the embroideries before bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. I love the use of patterns and color here. This is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete