Thursday 22 April 2010

Block 20

Moving forward with the Nearly Insane little bit by little bit. I need to be more careful cutting my spotted fabric in the right direction.

I was meant to by flying to England today for a couple of days to visit my parents but have been so irritated by the volcano and its consequences that I've cancelled and will fly over in two weeks instead. The flights for German Wings are seemingly going to plan today but I had spent so many days thinking 'Will I be able to go, won't I be able to go?' that I got sick of it. There were worrying comments online that short haul flights were likely to be cancelled or delayed to make way for getting people home to Britain from long haul destinations. As I was only going early Friday morning and flying back late Saturday night, it didn''t make sense for me to sit at the airport for hours - it just wouldn't have been worth me going. Luckily, my parents aren't too disappointed as my visit is now only two weeks away.

So, a suddenly free weekend - Stuart and I have found a lovely place for brunch either Saturday or Sunday, the weather is getting warmer for the weekend and I plan to sew, sew, sew... (lost a bit more weight and the sewing keeps me away from the fridge which is a Good Thing).

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see another Insane block here! I think it looks great and once it is in the quilt you won't notice the directional fabrics and if they are straight or not.

    ReplyDelete