Sunday 9 May 2010

Muttertag

Just back from two days in England, visiting my mother and very sick father. Came back emotionally exhausted having felt the full weight of love and fear. We are awaiting the results of an MRI but the outlook is depressing.

Came home to a lovely welcome from my husband. Stuart had done the laundry, ironed his shirts, cleaned the appartment, bought me fresh flowers and chocolates for German Mother's Day and has cooked me a big English breakfast today (not counting the calories) and will do dinner later. My youngest daughter had sent me a dvd of 'Cranford' and my eldest daughter sent silver earrings and necklace - lovely gifts and here on the day! I'm feeling thoroughly spoilt and after my emails I'm going to spend the day quilting as I've got a 20 July deadline for my daughter's graduation quilt. Oh, and bond again with our loving little border terrier. Happy Muttertag, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment