Sunday 2 May 2010

Rainy/sunny Sunday - more EQC photos



Here's a very lovely sashiko quilt from the exhibition. It was hard to capture in a photo the subtle changes in colour and tone that are going on here. The quilting is gorgeous but the soft greys and sea-greens have a magically peaceful effect when you look at the whole quilt. Loved it.


I really like the above quilt from the exhibition - it is deceptively simple. I dread to think how long the colour placement of these squares took to get it looking this good. It's a beautiful quilt.

Enjoyed the fireworks last night - we had three goes on the dodgems (or bumper cars, I think they are called if you are in the US) dined on barbecue pork and 'gebrannte Mandeln' (literally, 'burnt almonds' - almonds in a burnt sugar crackle coat, very German) and beer. The fireworks were much noisier than the ones last year but not so pretty or colourful but last year's were very special, I thought.

Off to sew - more photos tomorrow. I've just had an email from a friend who I haven't seen or heard from for about 14 years - visiting Bonn at very short notice so we are meeting for lunch. I wonder if we will recognise each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment