Wednesday 27 January 2010

Post or decorate?

I've been reading quilting blogs for the last couple of years, lurking, watching, thinking. Now I've got my own but have the impression that it's a bit empty and plain compared with most that I read. They are decorated with patterns, full of little sidebar things and have a busy, productive look about them. This one still looks a bit sparse. It took me so long to work out how to do the header photograph and how to get photos into the posts that I dread to think how long it would take me to find the fiddly things as well. How come everybody knows this stuff? Anyway, I think I'll just carry on posting and get fancy-nancy later on as I'm feeling much too tired to try tonight. Woke up today with a terrible headache and at 8.20p.m. still have it. It's been that kind of a day. Still, tomorrow the quilters are coming here and we're going to finish off the fundraising quilt for Romania (shall take a photo of it then). I'll feed them Indian spiced carrot soup (my friend Gay's recipe) and then white chocolate and cranberry cookies. Just the thought of that has cheered me up and made me feel better about being in cold and icy Bonn while Stuart goes off to Madrid tomorrow, Grrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment