Saturday 23 January 2010

Split nine-patch



I bought a couple of charm packs a while ago and then realised that there weren't many choices of what to do with them that pleased me. I decided in the end to make a split nine-patch with them and I'm very happy with it. This is the one on my quilting frame at the moment. I love hand-quilting but was having some trouble with my left elbow (I am right-handed) from gripping the fabric while sewing without a frame (that's the way I liked to sew). I realised that I had to start using a frame and decided a standing hand-quilting frame would be my Christmas present for 2009. My lovely husband, however, insisted that this was not an indulgence but a necessity since I was damaging my arm without one. So we travelled down to Aschaffenburg (near Frankfurt) where there is a large quilting shop which serves the American forces stationed nearby and I not only got the frame but bought the shop model (in perfect condition) discounted by eighty Euros. This is the first quilt that I have used it for.

No comments:

Post a Comment