Thursday 18 February 2010

Addicted? No, not really...

We had real fun playing with the Wii yesterday and I admit to doing a bit of practising this morning (frisbee and basketball). Had a go at the golf yesterday and the bowling. It is easy not get addicted, though, because the call of my quilting is still strong enough for me to miss it and also I could see yesterday that my neck was complaining a bit, so I think those two alone would stop me playing for very long. Great gift - and of course, I've just fallen in love with that little dog that catches my frisbee; not only does he do cute little somersaults when he catches a high one but he actually brings the frisbee back to you. This is something that Logan has never done, well, not willingly and only when he's offered something more enticing in its place, e.g. a food treat or a more exciting toy. I think we could have trained him to do this had we persisted but he was so easily trained in everything else (except jumping at whoever comes through the door in welcome), that we let him away with it. He is, after all, a terrier, and they don't like giving in or letting go. If I'd wanted a truly obedient dog, I'd have got a labrador like most people seem to but I like a bit of disobedience - it stops me feeling guilty about keeping an animal as a housepet. Anyway, now I've got both, the border terrier that we all adore and an obedient, somersaulting little chap on the Wii...

No quilting today - most of the group have other commitments and Stuart and I were meant to be going out for the day but he had to do a conference call, so we'll go tomorrow and as soon as I finish typing here, more swags to be sewn and a play on Radio 4 to listen to. A cosy, calm day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment