Tuesday 9 February 2010

This and that

Nose-numbingly cold here today, the kind of cold that makes it hurt to breathe. Got straight up and put clothes on top of my pyjamas and out with the dog. I was layered up plus hat, scarf and gloves but I forgot to put Logan's jacket on. By the time we were on our way home, he was walking quicker and quicker over the frozen ground and I felt guilty - he has a nice waterproof 'sheepskin' coat and I'd forgotten. Meanie.

Tickets for the fundraising quilt are selling well through the church people but that is Gay's area. I've put posters up at school but no takers yet, sadly. As I'm only part-time, I don't actually have time or opportunity to go round asking people. Never mind, I think it will raise enough.

Saw 'Avatar' on Sunday night. Very simple story but well acted. Very impressive and subtle 3D effects but I have to admit that the last 30 minutes of big battle wore me out - I felt brain-blasted afterwards. Don't think this was the 3D effects but just the bright colours and the speed of movement seemed to confuse my eyes. Too old for this stuff maybe! Looking forward to the Tim Burton 'Alice in Wonderland'; when the trailer showed the Cheshire cat's smile in the air, it really made me laugh. Meanwhile, we've just finished the third series of 'The Wire' (wonderful) and now catching up with the last series of 'Sopranos'. This is the problem of not having English tv, although I am ahead of the Brits with 'Mad Men' as I watched it all online. Loved it.

Right, quick shower, eat, and quilt until time to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment